Friday, January 16, 2009

Let Go...Let God

There was a time when even though I went to church I was not so interested in displaying my Christianity. Though I knew right and tried to act right, I was one of those people that followed the saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". God has a funny way of bringing what's in you (good & bad)...these are called trials of life. My pride would not allow anyone or anything (including God) to be in control of anything that happened in my life. But when things that I thought I was in control of--my marriage, my family, my job, my finances--were shaken up in a matter of a couple of months, I thought I would lose my mind. Even in the midst of my despair I still thought I could fix it, but over and over I hear in my head 'Let it Go'. It wasn't until I let God have all of my disappointments, shortcomings, pain, confusion, etc., did I begin to feel at peace, even before I saw how He was going to work it out. For in my weakness the God in me is strong (2 Corinthians 12:10). And is in that strength that I write to you today.

I encourage you today to share your thoughts and your story. Do not let the circumstances of life overcome you, for we overcome by our faith (1 John 5:4).

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! I know that I need to do more letting go and letting God. Thank you for sharing and for the positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete